Thursday, May 16, 2013

Workshop Spring 2013 Week 7: Now That We Know

Jesus knew that the time had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he now showed them the full extent of his love. Jesus knew that the Father had put all things under his power, and that he had come from God and was returning to God; so he got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples' feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him.       John 13:1-5

Was Jesus teaching us what we should do to be good?  Or was he showing us the path to healing in our grief – what we need to do to get well?   Could it be that the path to a life that is rich lies in finding feet to wash?
Spend some time this week reflecting on the following:
  1. How has my loss changed me? Are there some positive elements of those changes?
  2. What do I know now that I didn’t know then (before my loss)?  
  3. What one thing could I do right now that I would not have known to do before or not been able to do before?
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future”.     Jeremiah 29:11

If you are viewing this through the RSS email feed, please know you can find additional information such as previous Posts, Question of the Week and a Bible Verse of the Week at our home site of www.griefslinky.blogspot.com   

No comments:

Post a Comment